From The Pit 2023 hAS BEEN made possible by these awesome Organisations
Sony is a continued supporter of the FromThePit exhibition. In addition to their direct support they organise workshops alongside the exhibition to upskill and encourage photographers as well as giving them an opportunity to try out some of Sony’ amazing cameras and lenses at our events. www.sony.co.nz
We are delighted to be collaborating with Auckland City of Music Tāmaki Makaurau UNESCO Pā Puoro for this year’s exhibition. www.aucklandcityofmusic.nz
See this year’s FromThePit images on a screen at your local Rockshop, right across New Zealand! Rockshop supply an unparalleled range of guitars, bass, drums, pianos & keyboards, recording equipment, live production, DJ gear and more to kiwis. Find your local store on the Rockshop website
This year’s exhibition will be available to view at a number of community spaces throughout Auckland thanks for Auckland Council and their support for Arts, Culture and Heritage. Big shout out to Auckland Live for playing the FromThePit exhibition on their giant screen in Aotea Square.
Thanks to Epson for their awesome printing of our framed prints for our roaming exhibition. They look so good!
We love the support and enthusiasm we’ve continued to receive from New Zealand Music Month, Independent Music New Zealand and the New Zealand Music Commission. The work they do for the music industry is phenomenal and we are totally grateful for the support they give us to promote the exhibition. Big shout out to IMNZ for supporting our preview print exhibition in the Q Theatre cafe and showing the AV during the 2021 Taite Music Awards.
- Spark Arena and Spark for showing the exhibition in the Spark Fan Studio outside Spark Arena
- Auckland Live for showing the exhibition on their giant screen in Aotea Square
- Rhino Web for hosting the website
- All the band managers and promoters who graciously allow photographers access to photo their shows
- All the musicians who put up with us thrusting our cameras in their face
- The cool radio stations who embrace New Zealand musicians and live music
- The independent websites, blogs and online magazines (see below) who toil away bringing their comprehensive coverage of the New Zealand music scene, day in day out with little to no financial reward. These provide the outlet for our creative talents and without them this exhibition couldn’t exist.
- Our fantastic community of fellow photographers. You are our second (and sometimes primary) family due to the amount of time we spend together in darkened rooms. Thanks for looking out for each other!
- And last, but definitely not least, our ‘significant others’, our families, our friends and our pets who go countless evenings without seeing us, and have to put up with us coming home late and then spending hours editing photos to publication deadlines. A special thanks to you!
Feast Your Eyes
A few of our favourite websites who love live music photography: